Coming up at the IBIA Convention… details released
The IBIA Convention will be held in Gibraltar from 7-11 November, 2016. The two-day Agenda has almost been finalized and we can now reveal the hot topics that are scheduled for discussion.
On the first day;
- Buying bunkers in 2016, from a buyers’ perspective
- The global shipping and energy outlook
- The development of key bunkering port hubs and their impact on surrounding ports in respect to best bunkering practice – looking at a best practice scenario and then discussing the actual experiences of Gibraltar, Rotterdam, Fujairah and Singapore
- 2020 Are we prepared? Considering the key environmental issues being debated today by the regulators and industry from the International Maritime Organization to port state control and the issues of compliance and policing.
- Are new fuels the answer? Looking at new fuels in the market – from ‘hybrid’ fuels to biodiesel, examining the quality issues, the production and availability of new low sulphur fuel and running engines on new fuels
The second day;
- The potential of LNG as a viable, inexpensive, clean marine fuel
- LNG compared against scrubbing and other options
- Developing an LNG bunkering network and examining the economics of LNG
The final session is one where delegates can pose the questions that really matter to them, in the IBIA Bunker Surgery. This offers a unique opportunity to discuss any industry issues, problems or opportunities across the sector, with our legal, technical, operational, environmental and commercial experts.
Last but not least, the IBIA Convention closes with a networking lunch and exhibition at the Gibraltar Cruise Terminal.
As normal, IBIA will also be running its popular industry training courses alongside this event;
- IBIA Basic Bunker course – tailored for those starting out in their careers, and
- The “Advanced Commercial Course” – in depth training for experienced bunker professionals.
To reserve your delegate place at the IBIA Convention, to book a place on the industry specific training courses or to find out more about exhibiting or sponsoring the IBIA Convention, just click here to find out more.