The International Bunker Industry Association (IBIA) is the voice of the global bunker industry and represents all stakeholders across the industry value chain. Our membership includes ship owners/operators, bunker suppliers, traders, brokers, barging companies, storage companies, surveyors, port authorities, credit reporting companies, lawyers, P&I clubs, equipment manufacturers, shipping journalists and marine consultants. Today we have members in more than 80 countries.
IBIA represents the industry at the International Maritime Organization (IMO) as a consultative non-governmental organisation. IBIA was represented on the Expert Panel in 2007 which reported to IMO about the implications of proposed revisions to MARPOL Annex VI. IBIA attends all meetings of the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC), the Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) and a number of Sub-Committees.
IBIA has also been granted “liaison status” with the International Standards Organisation (ISO). This enables IBIA to contribute to discussion regarding ISO 8217 and ISO 13739.
Aims of the Association
- To provide an international forum for bunker industry issues
- To represent the industry in discussions and negotiations with national and international policy makers, legislators and other groups and bodies
- To review, clarify, improve, develop and endorse where appropriate, industry methods, practices and documentation
- To increase the professional understanding and competence of all who work in the industry
- To provide services and facilities for members and others as the Board shall from time to time consider appropriate
More about IBIA: