2 Days Basic Bunkering Course (SS600:2014 & SS648:2019)
Enterprise Singapore and the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) have implemented the Singapore Standard SS600:2014 & SS648:2019 to further enhance consistency in practices in the delivery of bunkers for ships calling at Singapore’s port. SS600:2014 & SS648:2019 sets out guidelines and procedures to ensure that the correct quality and quantity of bunkers are being delivered safely and efficiently.
- To provide participants the basic knowledge of the bunker industry and processes in accordance to SS600:2014 – Code of Practice for Bunkering, plus SS648:2019 in Singapore.
- Technical and Operating Principal of the Mass Flow Meters
- System Integrity, Sealing Requirements and Processes
- Personal Safety Awareness, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safe Boarding
- Dispute Resolution
- Workshop exercises and Case Studies
- Background of the bunkering industry
- Development of SS600:2014 & SS648:2019
- Pre-delivery checks and documentation in a bunkering operation
- Delivery procedure and documentation whilst bunkering is in progress
- Post-delivery checks and documentation
- Resolution of disputes
- Standards for Port Limit Bunker Tankers
- Workshop: Exercises on the calculation of bunker quantity delivered
- Mass Flow Metering System as per SS648:2019
Suitable for those seeking MPA endorsement to work as Bunker Cargo Officers as well as all other members of the bunker industry seeking to increase their knowledge including members from the bunker suppliers, bunker craft operators, management staff, bunker traders, shipping agents, bunker surveyors as well as any interested participants looking to have a better understanding of the bunkering processes in
Port of Singapore.
(Minimum entry requirements apply)
Course Duration: 2 days
Non – IBIA (Corporate) member: SGD $1300.00 (No GST)
IBIA (Corporate) member: SGD $975.00 (No GST)
MPA – MCF Training Grant
“MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information”.
2 Days Basic Bunkering Course 26th August, 2020
2 Days Basic Bunkering Course 9th September, 2020
2 Days Basic Bunkering Course 14th October, 2020
2 Days Basic Bunkering Course 11th November, 2020
2 Days Basic Bunkering Course 9th December, 2020
IBIA Office Singapore
110 Robinson Rd
Singapore, 068901 Singapore