2 Days Advanced Bunkering Course (SS600:2014 & SS648:2019)
Approved by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
Enterprise Singapore and the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) have implemented the Singapore Standard SS600:2014 & SS648:2019 to further enhance consistency in practices in the delivery of bunkers for ships calling at Singapore’s port.
SS600:2014 & SS648:2019 sets out guidelines and procedures to ensure that the correct quality and quantity of bunkers are being delivered safely and efficiently.
- Provides advanced knowledge and skills in the application of SS600:2014, SS524:2014 and SS648:2019 in their workplace
- Raise professionalism of the industry and improve workforce competitiveness and employability
- Skill up the workforce with industry-recognised formal qualifications
- Create training avenues for workers to advance in their job career and upgrading
- Enhance workers prospect for career advancement in the bunker industry through structured progression programme and pathways
- To help participants to gain an enhanced or advanced working knowledge on the bunker delivery process and procedures.
- Updates on SS600:2014 and SS524:2014
- Enhanced knowledge of SS648:2019
- Technical and Operating Principal of the Coriolis Mass Flow Meters
- Enhanced System Integrity, Sealing Requirements and Processes
- Personal Safety Awareness and Safety On-Board Bunker Tanker
- Workshop exercises and case studies assessment
Course Entry Requirements
- At least 21 years of age and medically fit
- Have a working knowledge of the English Language
For Cargo Officers:
- Have attended the 2 Days Basic Course on SS600:2014
- Have completed at least 30 bunker deliveries as a cargo officer trainee
*Ex-licensed bunker surveyors would be considered for exemption from the 30 bunker deliveries provided that his last surveying job was carried out in less than 12 months ago.
**Existing cargo officers have to provide confirmation letter of their service from their company.
For Bunker Surveyors:
* Valid Bunker Surveying Certificate issued by MPA
** For New Bunker Surveyors: They need to complete their Basic Bunker Surveying training before registration.
Course Duration: 2 days
Non – IBIA member: SGD $1300.00 (No GST)
IBIA member: SGD $975.00 (No GST)
MPA – MCF Training Grant
“MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants.
IBIA Office Singapore
110 Robinson Rd
Singapore, 068901 Singapore