IBIA Annual Convention 2013
Asian Growth: Global Recovery?
Date: 5 – 7 November 2013
All presentations from this event can be found in our Library.
Tuesday 5th November – the convention will open at 5pm by Simon Neo, Chairman of IBIA. After our keynote speaker we will host a networking drinks reception in the Sheraton Hotel from 6:30-9:00pm.
Wednesday 6th November – after breakfast starting at 8am we will kick off with our first session at 9:30, which will continue with breaks until 5pm. Then don your glad rags ready dinner at the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club. Dinner will be from 7:30-midnight.
Thursday 7th November – Sessions resume at 9:30am, and the convention will close at 12:45pm. Join us for a farewell lunch sailing around Hong Kong harbour aboard tall ship The Bounty – the perfect way to end your time in a beautiful area. We’ll be finished by 5pm. If you need to leave earlier than this join the shore-based farewell lunch in the Sheraton.
Speakers & Presentations
We have speakers from Hong Kong, the wider Asia region and around the world presenting at this year’s convention, and from all aspects of bunker trading – ship owners, meter manufacturers and users, traders, and lawyers to name but a few.
Key topics for discussion:
- Market drivers, including ‘Cleaning up the air in Hong Kong’
- Short Delivery
- Buying & Selling: Asian bunker growth & the global impact.
- Educating for growth
- Keynote speaker: Ms Christine Loh, Under Secretary for the Environment, HKSAR Government
- Keynote speaker: Mr Joseph Lai, Permanent Secretary for Transport and Housing (Transport)
- Arthur Bowring, Managing Director, Hong Kong Shipowners Association
- Alex Kaderbhai, Senior Manager Risk Analysis, Stirling Assynt Asia
- Mark Lewis, Managing Director, FGE London & Group Vice-Chairman, FGE – Facts Global Energy
- Martin Haxholdt, Branch Manager, OW Bunker China
- Olga Kantysheva, Transit-DV Group Co. Ltd.
- Ang Chin Chin, Assistand Director (Marine Services Department), The Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
- Lim Teck Cheng, Chief Executive, Hong Lam Marine
- Chris Fisher, Consultant, Brookes Bell LLP
- David Hughes, Editor of World Bunkering, Maritime Media
- David Coogans, Partner, Howse Williams Bowers
- Tim Wilkins, Regional Manager Asia-Pacific / Senior Manager, Environment, Intertanko
- Sia Ratajczak, REgional Bunker Manager for Europe & West Africa, Heidmar
- Sarah Wang Jie, Industry Analyst Bunker Oil, ICIS C1 Energy
- Christel McLoughlin, Director of Risk Management, KPI Bridge Oil
- IBIA board members: Simon Neo (IBIA Chairman), Robin Meech (convention chairman), Peter Hall (CEO), Trevor Harrison & Nigel Draffin.
- IBIA Asia Exco: Captain Rahul Choudhuri
- IBIA Southern Africa Exco: Hayden Lockhart-Barker (Chairman)
The networking programme kicks off with a welcome reception on Tuesday 5th November at the Sheraton.
Our convention dinner on the 6th will be held at the prestigious Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club. After you’ve had time to take a break and refresh yourself we will whisk you across Hong Kong harbour by private charter straight to the door of the yacht club. We’ll arrive just as the harbour light show starts, and you’ll be sipping a drink under the stars before you know it. Feast yourself on a delicious barbecue by the pool and overlooking the Hong Kong skyline, and at the end of the night you’ll be ferried home again.
For our Farewell Lunch on the 7th we are taking to the high seas aboard The Bounty, definitely not to be missed. Places are limited so book your convention pass now to guarantee your seat – we’ll finish at 5pm. If you need to leave earlier than 5pm to catch your flight we’ll also be holding a farewell lunch at the Sheraton.
Venue & Accommodation
The convention venue is the Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers in Kowloon, with stunning views over Hong Kong harbour. The convention room rate has now ended – contact the hotel direct to make your room booking.
There are just a few sponsorship packages left – contact Anna Trant for full details.
Full members price: £990 / US$1675 / €1195
Please note we can only accept payment in USD or GBP.
£1190 / US$1995 / €1450. Includes 2 year’s individual IBIA membership OR a 20% discount off corporate membership.
Book 5 places together from one organisation and the 5th one is free! Just fill in the booking form for each attendee, send them to us all together, and we will invoice you for 4 passes. All of the passes must be paid for in a single payment.
To book your place download the registration form, complete it and return to us on email@example.com . Your place will be confirmed when we receive payment.
Sponsors and Supporters
Other sponsors and supporters: