The IBIA Southern Africa branch was established in 2002 as a purely voluntary association with some success thanks to the hard work of the Executive Committees and past Chairpersons.
In April 2014 we employed a full time Regional Manager with the aim of increasing our reach and building the brand within South Africa and Africa.
In consultation with the IBIA Board through the Chief Executive, the aims for the Africa branch are to:
- To develop effective and transparent communication with our members
- To be a conduit in addressing technical questions
- Establish the Africa branch as a financially sustainable branch
- To ensure that we establish key networking opportunities for the industry
- Offer topical forums to address immediate areas of concern for the region
The training and educational programmes offered by IBIA in South Africa are available to our members and associates.
THE INTERNATIONAL BUNKER INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION LIMITED (INCORPORATED IN UNITED KINGDOM) External Non-Profit Company Reg. No. 2015/391860/12